top of page
Click on the photo to open in full screen
bottom of page
Cumberland Plain vegetation near St Thomas Church
The Valley could be considered a ‘living museum’ of the Cumberland Plain Woodland with at least 870 hectares permanently conserved on both public and private reserves for biodiversity values.
Regentville was a grand residence of Sir John Jamison, built 1822 - 1824 and burnt down in 1869. The ruins are still visible today.
Mulgoa Public School c.1883
Mulgoa Public School was built in 1883
St Mary's c. 1892
St. Mary's Catholic church c.1892
‘Wallaroo’, a 38 hectare property protects “Critically Endangered” Cumberland Plain Woodland and “Endangered” River-flat Eucalypt Forest and six species of endangered wildlife.
The track on Cox Cottage Conservancy that linked Glenmore with The Cottage 1815 - 1850
Cox Conservancy: rural land adjoining Cox Cottage where remnants of the Cox vineyard terracing and early track c.1815 linking Cox properties can be seen along Mulgoa Creek.
Millions of years ago, the Nepean River etched a path through the sandstone, creating the magnificent Fairlight Gorge. From the Rock and Riley’s Lookouts (part of Blue Mountains National Park) you can admire the resulting landscape and scenic mountain views. Credit: Nick Cubbin Copyright: NSW Government
SHALE CLIFFS or Mulgoa Cliffs in Mulgoa Nature Reserve are listed on the Register of the National Estate due to the geological significance of the 30m shale cliffs present along Mulgoa Creek – the only known example of this landform.
Fernhill is possibly the only intact early colonial garden laid out on the principles of the English Landscape Garden (a landscape "Park" in the picturesque manner) but relying entirely on indigenous plant material and the process of thinning and tree removal rather than planting (Broadbent, J., for the National Trust of Australia (NSW)
Glenmore Estate c1823
A relatively intact rural landscape developed by the Cox family. The house and garden remnants are a substantial and rare surviving example of an early 19th century country residence, adapted for use as a golf course.
Formerly Mulgoa Irrigation Company Offices
Now a restaurant it was one of a small number of structures in Mulgoa village erected over the nineteenth century and early part of the twentieth century that demonstrates the pattern of a village settlement. It was the office of the Mulgoa Irrigation Company and in 1900 became the police station.
Mulgoa Creek in the 1810 cadastral map was called Salt Water Creek.
Fairlight Estate is a private Residence. Fairlight c. 1860’s is one of the few remaining substantial Victorian houses within the Mulgoa Valley. Along with its barn and garden, it stands on land granted by Governor Macquarie to Nathaniel Norton in 1821
Beautiful Mulgoa Valley
St Thomas Church c.1836
St. Thomas' is the only extant example of a reasonably intact, late 1830s Gothic Revival, rural Anglican parish church in NSW. Its cemetery contains some important early monuments, dating from 1839 and the graves of members of prominent local families.
The Cottage c.1811
The oldest weatherboard house in New South Wales in private occupation in its original form and setting built by William Cox.
Fernhill Estate c.1836